Teetotalers and designated drivers who like to enjoy a night out at a party or nightclub without alcohol might be interested in learning about some tasty non-alcoholic mixed drinks. Of course, there's always soda or juice, but many people like to try something different when on the town. These drinks are also the perfect solution for office parties, where the hosts want to serve something special to their workers but have a policy against serving alcohol in the office or just want to avoid some of the irresponsibility that can come with an open bar. Drinks like fruit juice coolers, the Shirley Temple, cowboy punch, or safe sex on the beach can be enjoyed by all.
Fruit Juice Coolers
This drink requires several ingredients, but it is simple to make:
- 12 ounces (355 ml) water, regular or sparkling
- 2 tablespoons (29.5 ml) lemon juice
- 12 ounces (355 ml) peach nectar
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) grapefruit juice
Named after the famous child actress, the Shirley Temple is probably the most famous of the non-alcoholic mixed drinks.
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) ginger ale or another “white” type soda
- 1.5 tablespoons (22 ml) grenadine syrup
Cowboy punch can be a good fit for a party or other festive event. This is another simple recipe that many say tastes like champagne.
- 1 gallon (3.78 l) grape juice
- 1 quart (1 l) club soda
- 2.1 quarts (2 l) lemon-lime soda or ginger ale
Safe Sex on the Beach
The virgin counterpart to the popular sex on the beach cocktail, this drink is sweet and allows drinkers to feel as if they’re having something a bit more special than soda or bottled water.
- 3 ounces (88.7 ml) cranberry juice
- 3 ounces (88.7 ml) grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces (59 ml) peach nectar
Non-alcoholic mixed drinks don’t have to be bland or boring, and people don’t have to have alcohol to have a good time. There are plenty of options available for designated drivers or those who don’t wish to imbibe. Individuals can always ask a bartender to recommend some non-alcoholic drinks. He or she is likely to have several appealing suggestions.